- First off, it seems as if a lot of folks out there are thinking aVandy upset might occur as the line has shrunk some during the course of the week.
- Vandy is 43rd in the country is scoring offense while Georgia is 27th.
- Total offense, as in yards per game, is a much wider margin as UGA is 11th in the FBS while Vandy is 57th.
- Vandy definitely looks better in terms of scoring defense as they are 64th in the country while UGA is still languishing in the 100's, 105th to be exact.
- Vandy is still winless in the SEC (0-3), and their three wins to date are over Austin Peay, UMASS, and UAB.
- Vandy's top receiver, Jordan Matthews, may well be the best receiver in the SEC right now. He's averaging 15 yards a catch and has hit the end zone 5 times. And on Saturday Matthews might become the best receiver in SEC history in terms of career yardage.
- The Scary Stat of the Day: Vandy isn't all that good in terms of 3rd down conversion. But Georgia's way worse.
One more stat that I think is pretty telling is this: Vandy is 75th in the country in terms of rush defense. I think we need to run the ball at least 50-60% of the time tomorrow. I think Green and Douglas are ready for it and can get it done.
Let's Go Dawgs!