November 26, 2013

Some Quick Tuesday Thoughts

Busy, busy week with work, so I'll be pretty brief and this will probably be it until after Turkey Day...

I was at the game Saturday night. Great win for the Dawgs. Perhaps our first truly complete game. Obviously all of that was overshadowed by the heartbreaking, gutwrenching sight of Aaron Murray's injury. He's having ACL surgery today - thoughts and prayers are with you, young man. It wasn't suppose to be like this, right? I guess when it ain't your year - it's just not your year. Man, we've had some bad luck this year. It just doesn't seem fair, but nobody said life was fair. I thought CorbinDawg over at The Grit Tree gave a very good write-up on this situation. Yep, Destiny sure is fickle. 

We now find ourselves 7-4 with the state championship left to play for. As I've mentioned before, while a lot of people would like to think that the NATS aren't our biggest rival anymore, let me ask you this question: who do you hate losing to the most? Yeah, that's what I thought. And sure - it's only happened once in the last 12 years. All the more reason for us to take care of business and dispatch the nerd herd.

And naturally, Hate Week is in full gear, so you know that Bernie is all over that: EngiNerd, EngiNerdette (classy) and "You Can Do That!" LOLz! Good stuff.

So now we've got to deal with that triple-option crap that the techies run. I like this as a motivational tactic by Grantham (H/T the Senator). Hell yes! I also like how we're going with full pads all week. Very good. 

Alright, I'll be doing my pre-game stuff either Friday or early Saturday, so look out for that. Happy Thanksgiving!

GO DAWGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment