October 11, 2013

Turning Back and Looking Ahead: 11 October 2013

Busy, busy this week, so this will be a short one. 

Turning Back 

It pretty much took me all week, but I did get through a full re-watch of the UT game. That was a tough one to watch a second time. With the awful injuries, the moments of frustration, etc., it was hard. But, I got through it. I could mention many negatives, and obviously there were many positives (I posted about that a few days ago), but I'll just say this: we won the damn thing. With everything that transpired, in my opinion, that was as big a win as we've had this season, LSU and USCe included.

Looking Ahead 

My word, have you seen MIZZOU's stats? Yeah, I get that Vandy is probably the best team they've faced this season, but man, they took care of 'em pretty good, didn't they? They're a good ball club. They're undefeated and cracked the top-25 this week. Averaging almost 47 points a game, they have a very balanced offense as they are averaging just over 250 yards per game on the ground and upwards of 300 a game in the air. Scary. Their D looks a little suspect, so I think we'll be able to move the ball on 'em a bit. Naturally, we've got to shore up those special teams. Seems like we've been saying that all season...

I usually do my prediction in my "Breaking It Down" post that I do Friday evening or Saturday morning, but I don't think I'll have time to get that up this week, so I'll just leave it right here:

UGA 42- MIZZOU 31

I think we'll score some points, give up a fair amount, but I think our D will actually rise to the occasion and we won't have any special teams gaffes. Sure hope so.

Well, I won't be able to leave C-town until about 10:30 tomorrow morning and I won't be able to use the parking pass that I sometimes get to use, so I'm sure I'll have a fun time trying to get parked. If we can get into 331 by midway through the 1st quarter, I'll consider it a minor miracle. Everyone have fun and pull 'em through.

GO DAWGS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment