In all seriousness, I honestly don't think I've ever experienced anything like that, from a fan perspective, in the 30+ years I've been going to Georgia games. The atmosphere. The drama. The storylines. The epic play of so many of our DGDs. It just...words just can't really describe what I was feeling after that one. Walking out of the stadium and seeing all the other Dawg fans, I could tell they felt the same way. It was cathartic, exhilarating, inspirational. I just happened to see Mettenberger make a run straight to Richt right when the game was over. The two embraced and shared some words. Later, after seeing the CBS interview with Richt, there could be no doubt that we've got one hell of a head coach. He's a perfect fit for us, and we're the right place for him.
And a quick Trip Around the Dawgosphere:
- One of my favs - the Mark Richt Victory Watch from Dawgsports.
- As always, great observations from Bernie.
- Tyler Dawgden's quick takes here and here.
- Seth Emerson's write-up at the Macon paper.
- Not really Dawgopshere, per se, but I thought Schlabach had a nice write-up about the epic QB battle between Murray and Mettenberger.
And here's the recap from ESPN. More detailed analysis later, but for now I'll just say this: yes, there are concerns on D. But just like the SC game, they got it done when they had to. Special teams seemed much improved, but more work needs to be done. And can we just get someone who can kick through the end zone already?! Offense, obviously, is just super. Great day to be a Dawg!
P.S. Saturday's TV schedule was just announced. CBS has picked up the UGA vs. UT game. 3:30 kick.