September 29, 2013

The Sunday Treatment and A Trip Around the Dawgosphere

Well, I wasn't at the 1984 Clemson game when Kevin Butler hit one from " a hundred thousand miles" away. If memory serves, I couldn't go because I had a soccer game that day. A goddam soccer game! I sure hated I missed the game that everyone said was the greatest ever played in Sanford Stadium, but I think today at least tied it. Man, what a game! Incredible! 

In all seriousness, I honestly don't think I've ever experienced anything like that, from a fan perspective, in the 30+ years I've been going to Georgia games. The atmosphere. The drama. The storylines. The epic play of so many of our DGDs. It just...words just can't really describe what I was feeling after that one. Walking out of the stadium and seeing all the other Dawg fans, I could tell they felt the same way. It was cathartic, exhilarating, inspirational. I just happened to see Mettenberger make a run straight to Richt right when the game was over. The two embraced and shared some words. Later, after seeing the CBS interview with Richt, there could be no doubt that we've got one hell of a head coach. He's a perfect fit for us, and we're the right place for him.

And a quick Trip Around the Dawgosphere: 


And here's the recap from ESPN. More detailed analysis later, but for now I'll just say this: yes, there are concerns on D. But just like the SC game, they got it done when they had to. Special teams seemed much improved, but more work needs to be done. And can we just get someone who can kick through the end zone already?! Offense, obviously, is just super. Great day to be a Dawg! 


P.S. Saturday's TV schedule was just announced. CBS has picked up the UGA vs. UT game. 3:30 kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment